Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the back of a Libby's Beets can. I usually leave out the butter (for calorie- and fat-consciousness) and the caraway seeds (because I hate the flavor).
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups sliced canned beets, drained
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan. Boil until liquid is reduced by half. Add beets and simmer until heated through.
According to DH, this was awesome! I'm not a beet eater, so this was especially for him. He loved it. I made as posted, except for the caraway seeds ~ thought I would try it without the 1st time and it was perfect. Thanks for a keeper DrGaellon. Made for TAG IT RED, Feb 2009.