Recipe by twissis
How time flies! I was going thru a stack of papers in 1 of those little storage shelves here at my PC & ran across this recipe in my own handwriting. I was amazed to see the source (recipecenter) & date (12-8-02) also noted. I guess I thot enough of it to bring it w/me the next yr when I came to Iceland! I love cranberry juice, this is so simple to make & I like the fact they included a non-alcoholic version for those times you really need one. Enjoy!
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white zinfandel wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a lrg saucepan, combine cranberry juice, brown sugar, cinnamon stick & cloves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 5 minute Remove spices.
- Add white zinfandel; heat till just warm.
- Ladle into mugs or transfer to a warm, heatproof pitcher & pour into mugs.
- NOTE: If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, sub 3 1/4 cups white grape juice for the white zinfandel & omit the brown sugar.