Recipe by Evie*
Great soup dunkers
Top Review by Mirj
I've been in the mood for comfort food lately, and last night this really hit the spot. With all the kids out leading their busy social lives it was just me and the BH, and we had these with a fried egg on the side, simple dinner heaven. I used a combo of parmesan and pecorino cheese, and sprinkled a little za'atar and paprika on top. We are going to be eating this lots from now on! Good one, Eve!
- 1 large french breadstick
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter, depending on length of bread
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high.
- Tear the bread in half lengthways, then tear or cut it across to give four large pieces.
- Spread the pieces with the butter.
- Arrange the shavings of the Parmesan cheese on to the toasts, then cover with the grated Parmesan.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and toast under the grill for a few minutes until the topping is well browned.
- Lovely served with soups.