Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Similar to other Molten or Lava Chocolate deserts made individually in small cups. Baked and absolutely chocolate nirvana.
- 6 ounces of excellent quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, for baking
- 1 cup heavy cream, for whipping and topping
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon your favorite liqueur, if desired (Grand Marnier, Creme de Cocoa, Ammaretto, Kalua)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate with the butter in a double boiler. When melted set aside to cool about 7-10 minutes but mixture should still be melted.
- Using electric mixer (paddle) or hand mix with spoon) the sugar and eggs until lightened in color, about 1 minute. Pour in the cooled chocolate/butter mixture and then beat or stir in the 1/2 cup of heavy cream, vanilla, salt, and if desired liquer. Beat well being sure to scape down sides as you proceed. Add the flour and mix just until blended (do not overmix).
- Divide the mixture between 4 (6 ounce) oven proof cups or 5-6 (4 ounce) cups depending upon how large you want the servings.
- Place on baking sheets and cook until tops just begin to crack, 25-35 minutes. Watch carefully near end of baking. Do not over bake. Smaller cups will bake faster, and you want center to be soft and ooooozing.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving and if desired, top with whipped cream, that you can prepare while waiting for these luscious deserts to cool.
- Whip cream just until it forms soft peaks. Whip cream can be flavored with coffee or expresso powder or other flavoring that goes with the flavoring in the desert.