Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I created this recipe from a need for a high fiber breakfast food that was tasty. It actually tastes like an oatmeal raisin cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Over medium heat, bring milk to a low boil, stirring to prevent sticking to pan.
- Add oatmeal, wheat bran, sugar, raisins, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, continue stirring until desired thickness.
- Serve immediately and top with butter.
- For those that are lactose intolerant, you can substitute vanilla flavored soy milk for regular milk and omit the vanilla.
- For those that wish a no sugar version, you can substitute equal amounts of Splenda for the sugar.