Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Microwave Entertaining
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 lbs cabbage (savory, sliced into 1/4 inch strips)
- 2 apples (Tart, such as granny smith. Cored but not peeled, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- combine butter and onions in 3 quart microwavable casserole dish.
- cook on high 1 minutes to melt butter.
- add cabbage and apples.
- cover tightly and cook on high for 5-7 minutes, or until tender/crisp.
- let stand, covered while making sauce.
- in 1 cup glass measuring cup combine vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- cook on high 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stir once.
- ad to cabbage and apples.
- add raisins and mix.
- serve immedietly.