Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious hot beverage that is perfect in cold weather and for holiday entertaining. Also a wonderful drink if you are feeling a bit under the weather as well! Tastes especially good with ginger-bread cookies! Be sure to spike it with high-quality dark rum. This version can also be chilled. Recipe adapted from Suzanne Lombardi from Star Cookies.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark rum
- honey (optional)
- lemon slice, Rounds, for garnish
- cinnamon stick candies, for garnish (swizzle stick) or cinnamon stick
- In a medium saucepan combine water, lemon juice and sugar and simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves. Stir in the rum.
- Pour into warm mugs, garnish with lemon slices & candy swizzle sticks.
Love it, love it, love it ...knew I would. I did replace the sugar with Splenda and used a real cinnamon stick. Tangy and sweet, it goes down very nicely. I have been mixing lemonade and rum for ages but this was the first time I've had it hot. I think I'll be drinking it all next winter.
Very tasty and perfect on a cool day like today! I have never had hot lemonade, but I love lemons and this hit the spot!
Oh this was just perfect! DD made this for me cuz I have a bad cold. She wouldnt give me any candy tho! Didnt have any cinnamon candy so she gave me a cinnamon stick to stir it with. She also added some honey to it to help the cold and it was still not overly sweet. Great recipe NCMysteryShopper! Thank you so much for sharing!