Recipe by Rhonda Scheurer
Great served on rice.
Top Review by LainieBug
This was very good, however, we felt the tomatoes were somewhat bland so I added garlic and an additional 1/4 t. salt. I omitted the butter and used a spray or two of butter-flavored Pam. I also used Jennie-O hot Italian lean turkey sausage. The eggs were cooked to our liking (runny yokes) in about 4-1/2 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, melt butter.
- Remove sausage from casings and stir-fry in butter, breaking into pieces.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat.
- Break each egg into measuring cup.
- Holding measuring cup close to tomato mixture, slip 1 egg at a time onto tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and simmer until whites of eggs are set and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.