Recipe by Jen T
This way of making grilled sandwiches is much lower in fat than those made by being toasted or fried. You can vary the fillings for your taste......just use imagination:)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon soy oil (or use sunflower, safflower or corn oil)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices roast beef
- mustard pickle
- 1 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 2 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese or 2 tablespoons Quark
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together the egg, milk and oil and then liberally brush over one side of 4 slices of bread.
- Toast brushed sides under the grill until golden brown.
- Cover untoasted side with the filling ingredients then top with the remaining bread slices.
- Brush the tops liberally with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Grill until golden brown.
- To serve, cut in half diagonally.