Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This way of making grilled sandwiches is much lower in fat than those made by being toasted or fried. You can vary the fillings for your taste......just use imagination:)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon soy oil (or use sunflower, safflower or corn oil)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices roast beef
- mustard pickle
- 1 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 2 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese or 2 tablespoons Quark
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
- Beat together the egg, milk and oil and then liberally brush over one side of 4 slices of bread.
- Toast brushed sides under the grill until golden brown.
- Cover untoasted side with the filling ingredients then top with the remaining bread slices.
- Brush the tops liberally with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Grill until golden brown.
- To serve, cut in half diagonally.