1/4 Photos of Hot German Buttered Noodles
The unknown chef's Note:
If you have ever been to the Bavarian inn in Frankenmuth MI this what they use on top of their hot buttered noodles (crushed Ritz buttery crackers). I can taste them just writing this. Yum Yum. I use Maggi brand chicken bullion cubes in the box of eight. You can usually find them in the Mexican section of your super market. They are extra large, really soft and dissolve easily. Do not add salt to this recipe, the bullion is loaded with it and most people use salted butter so you should be covered there. Use more butter if you like, 6 ozs seems just right for me. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add 1 ½ bullion cubes to ½ gallon water in a medium pot, bring to a boil. Add noodles and set timer for 1 min longer than the longest time listed on the package, stir a couple of times while cooking.
- 2While noodles are boiling add 1/2 cup water, 1/2 chicken bullion cube and butter to glass measuring cup. Microwave for 45 seconds on high, Stir. If the butter is not melted all the way microwave again for 30 seconds and mix well until bullion is dissolved.
- 3When noodles are done drain water from pot but do not rinse, add butter mixture and parsley. Mix well until most liquid is absorbed, about a minute.
- 4Serve immediately with crushed Ritz crackers on top.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot German Buttered Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (1220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1107.2
- Calories from Fat 692
- Total Fat 76.9 g
- Saturated Fat 45.7 g
- Cholesterol 279.1 mg
- Sodium 1704.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 18.2 g