Recipe by The unknown chef
If you have ever been to the Bavarian inn in Frankenmuth MI this what they use on top of their hot buttered noodles (crushed Ritz buttery crackers). I can taste them just writing this. Yum Yum. I use Maggi brand chicken bullion cubes in the box of eight. You can usually find them in the Mexican section of your super market. They are extra large, really soft and dissolve easily. Do not add salt to this recipe, the bullion is loaded with it and most people use salted butter so you should be covered there. Use more butter if you like, 6 ozs seems just right for me. Enjoy
Top Review by farmchick #2
We used to have these in Germany. My host mom was the best cook. Just made them for the kiddos...all three loved them. This is not our normall kind of food...we rarely eat this much butter, or high carb noodles, but the kids thought this was the best noodles ever...and they were in love.
- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 6 Ritz crackers, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 ½ bullion cubes to ½ gallon water in a medium pot, bring to a boil. Add noodles and set timer for 1 min longer than the longest time listed on the package, stir a couple of times while cooking.
- While noodles are boiling add 1/2 cup water, 1/2 chicken bullion cube and butter to glass measuring cup. Microwave for 45 seconds on high, Stir. If the butter is not melted all the way microwave again for 30 seconds and mix well until bullion is dissolved.
- When noodles are done drain water from pot but do not rinse, add butter mixture and parsley. Mix well until most liquid is absorbed, about a minute.
- Serve immediately with crushed Ritz crackers on top.