Recipe by CookingMonster
This is also using the 2 hour bun dough recipe. Another great freezer item to have on hand for the kids.
2 hour buns
- 3 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fast rising yeast (fermipan or flieshman)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 7 -9 cups flour
- hot dog, cut into bite sized pieces (about 1/4 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Add eggs and enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Put into bowl and pat with oil.
- Cover with a towel and let rise 15 minutes.
- Punch down after the 15 minutes and repeat 3 more times to make an hour.
- Take enough dough to make a bun and place 2-3 wiener chunks inside and seal dough around it, making sure not to have too many thin spots.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and rise another hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Freezes great.