Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids actually named this dish. Very simple to make.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chili
- Cook hot dogs, slice, set aside.
- Cook macaroni & cheese according to package directions.
- While cooking mac & cheese, heat the chili up.
- Mix hot dogs, mac & cheese and chili together and serve.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I made this recipe for my family's dinner. I was hoping to please my 7 yr old newphews picky eating habits, but he wasn't thrilled with this. I must say my future hubby and I didn't care for it either until the next day that is. I warmed this up and my 7 yr old newphew did pick at it more and I did like it more. I tend to wonder if it was because I used a cheap box of macaroni and cheese so I plan to try this again using Kraft mac & cheese. Thanks for posting! Christine (internetnut)
This was fast, and amazingly tasty. I used Wacky Mac n Cheese, Hormel chili and only used 5 hot dogs. The whole family gobbled it up... except my 9 year old daughter who refused to try it.
I used Hot Dog Chili- Southern Style Recipe #65687 cut in half for the chili in this and I cooked the mac and cheese in a casserole dish in the microwave (according to the box directions) then mixed everything into the same casserole dish (I didn't cook the dogs b4 adding them). I did all this hours b4 needing it and then topped with grated cheddar cheese and baked it until hot throughout. Well recived by the kids. I'll be doing this again. Thanks for poting it.