Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cobbled together from several favorite Epicurus.com recipes, this is the absolute epitome of a Winter Holiday Punch. Simmered in a crockpot (after being strained), this will warm your guests heart and soul.
- 4 cups cranberry juice (32 oz bottle)
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 (12 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 4 cloves, whole
- 1⁄4 inch piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 slices orange peel
- 3 slices lemon peel
- 2 -6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup rum
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In large pan combine cranberry juice, cider, nectar, spices, orange and lemon peel.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain through a fine-mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Taste punch and sweeten accordingly. Apple Cider and Cranberry Juice vary greatly in sweetness - you may need no sugar, or you may need a little more than listed.
- Add rum and butter, stirring until butter melts. Or, if having a non-alcoholic alternative is desirable, hold off on adding the rum to the entire punch and add 1 to 2 tbsp of rum to each mug, then fill to the rim with hot punch.