Recipe by internetnut
The old favorite with a new twist. Nothing chases the chills away on a cold, wintery day and warms you up like a steaming mug of real hot chocolate made with milk. And with ready-made chocolate milk from your grocer's dairy case, it's easy to give yourself a hot chocolate winter warm-up in no time! I found this recipe at the Bath fair. I have not tried these recipes, but I'm posting them for safe keeping.
Directions See How It's Made
- First, make your old favorite. Just pour ready-made chocolate milk into an 8oz mug, microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes and stir briskly. If you don't have a microwave, simply cook the chocolate milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until it becomes hot-but don't let it boil. Next, add a new twist. Now you're ready to try any of these mouth-watering recipes.
- Rainbow: Top with real dairy whipped cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, add colorful sprinkles, and a cherry.
- Mocha: Add 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee to your hot chocolate, and stir to dissolve. Top with two tablespoons real dairy whipped cream, and sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.
- Holiday: Add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract. Top hot chocolate with marshmallows and stir with a candy cane.
- Just For Grown-Ups: Stir in a tablespoon of rum, brandy, or your favorite cordial. Top with real dairy whipped cream, and drizzle with 1/4 teaspoon of the liquor.
- Hot Chocolate Sundae: Stir in two scoops vanilla ice cream. Top with two tablespoons real dairy whipped cream, pour on chocolate syrup, and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Try One Of These Other Tasty Treats:
- * Mix a few drops of orange, maple, almond, and other flavor extracts to your hot chocolate.
- * Sprinkle with red-hot cinnamon candies.
- * Mix in marshmallows, or marshmallow fluff.
- * Flavor with a cinnamon stick.
- * Spoon in strawberry or raspberry syrup.
- * Add a chocolate wafer roll cookie.
- * Swirl with a chocolate raspberry stick.