Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My kids like this
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
I made this recipe exactly as written and must say that it was very easy to make. However, no one in my family cared for the taste of it. I thought it was way too cheesy…the cheese totally overwhelmed the taste of the beef. Actually, other than the taste of the cheese, we thought the sandwich was a little on the bland side. If I were to make this again, I would cut down on the amount of cheese used and add some additional spices to perk up the taste just a bit. Sorry I couldn’t rate this one any higher…usually I love your recipes! I did really love that it was so easy and quick to put together, so I may play around with this recipe and see if I can tweak it just a bit to please my family.
- 4 submarine sandwich buns
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each submarine bun; set top aside.
- Hollow out bottom of bun, leaving a 1/2 inch shell; reserve 1/2 cup of bread.
- In a skillet, cook beef, green pepper, onion, and garlic until meat is browned; drain.
- Stir in soup, Worcestershire, reserved bread, and oregano; mixing well.
- Spoon mixture into buns; top each with a slice of cheese.
- Replace tops.
- Place sandwiches on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.