Recipe by R.Lynn
Using some pre-packaged ingredients, this dessert can be whipped up in no time! Perfect for apple season for the family or fall get togethers!
- 0.5 (15 ounce) packagerolled refrigerated unbaked pie shells (1 crust)
- 1⁄2 cup purchased caramel apple dip
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup purchased caramel apple dip
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or cinnamon ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Let piecrust stand according to package directions. Unroll piecrust onto a 12-inch round pizza pan; gently press to edge of apn. Bake 12-15 minutes until crust is golden. Cool 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup caramel dip, sour cream and flour. Spread caramel mixture over cooled baked piecrust. Arrange apple slices over caramel layer. In another bowl. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apple slices. Top with pecan halves.
- Bake 15 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool 15 minutes. In a sauepan, heat the 1/4 cup caramel dip until warm. Spoon over pizza. Cut into wedges and serve warm with ice cream, if desired.