Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet version of Chex Mix.
Make and share this Hot Buttered Yum Chex Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 4 cups honey nut Chex cereal
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In large microwavable bowl, place cereals. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter, brown sugar and honey uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until mixture is bubbly. Stir in spices and rum flavoring. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every minute.
- Cool slightly; about 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Spread on waxed paper. Store in airtight container.
Really yummy sweet, crunchy snack with lots of flavor from fall spices. Decided today was the day I'd clear out random cereal from my pantry. Found this recipe online at Chex.com, glad to find it posted here. Used mostly honey nut chex and about a cup of cinnamon Cheerios instead of cinnamon Chex. Only had 1 cup marshmallows, so that's all I added. Would be good with some dried apple pieces or cranberries added, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!