Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Create your holiday memories with this hot drink on the holidays. While putting up your cherished Holiday decorations, put a kettle of hot water on, a shot or two of rum and a spoon or two of batter in the mugs. Add a Holiday garnish of your choice. Sip while enjoying the holiday spirit. I received this recipe from my mother in law many years ago. It was my first taste of Hot Buttered Rum and quickly became a favorite of mine. Do Not Use Margarine. Apparently after posting this recipe there has been some debate that this recipe may not be alcohol free after all. Please use with caution where children and medications are concerned. Please check your ingredient list on the extract or flavoring before use.
- Melt butter and add spices.
- Add brown sugar and mix.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Beat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You are only adding the rum or the extract to the mugs not to the mix.
- Store in refrigerator.
- To Mix and enjoy:.
- For Each Mug add:.
- 1 Shot good quality Rum OR use 2 teaspoons rum extract.
- 1 Heaping TBPS. batter mix or more if you like.
- Fill with hot water and mix well.
- Keeps very well in the freezer. Just thaw before use.
- I use large mugs and 2 heaping spoonfuls.