Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was in the Budget Cook section of Woman's Day. This was super easy with a good Asian flavor, and my kids really liked it too! I cooked the broccoli for a full 10 minutes because we like it softer instead of crunchier. Very filling also!
- Cook pasta as package directs, adding broccoli for the last 6 minutes.
- Put peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium bowl.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Add reserved cooking liquid to peanut butter mixture, stir until smooth. Then add to pasta.
- Toss to mix and coat. Top with carrots and scallions and toss again.
Made this tonight to use up the left over broccoli I had. It tasted good but seemed a little dry. I'm sure the noodles absorbed a lot of the sauce. All in all we liked it but won't be making it again.
Very quick and easy, very delicious. I was out of cider vinegar (note to self, need cider vinegar), so I used white wine vinegar, and I added extra vegetables, some zucchini, mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, and snap peas, because I had them, and they go well with this sort of dish. We finished it all - no leftovers!- and enjoyed it very much. An excellent midweek supper. Made in loving memory of Stacy, a very special lady, taken too soon.
Great recipe! Very easy to prepare and has ingredients usually found in my kitchen. Made in memory of our dear friend, Stacy. :)