Prep 37 mins
Cook 0 mins
An Asian play of sweet melon and hot chile pepper makes an interesting addition to a cocktail buffet. Serving Suggestions: The dish also pairs nicely with grilled pork tenderloin or chicken breast. Prep Time includes refrigeration. Nutritional Facts per serving: Calories 20.4, Fat 0.1G, Cholestrol 0MG, Sodium 8.3 MG, Carbs 5.1G, Dietary Fiber 0.5 G, Protein 0.4G From Prevention.Com
- 170.09 g cantaloupe balls
- 170.09 g honeydew balls
- 1 small serrano peppers (wear plastic gloves when handling) or 1 small jalapeno pepper, cut into strips (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 14.79 ml fresh basil leaf, slivered
- 9.85 ml lemon juice or 9.85 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml Splenda sugar substitute or 4.92 ml sugar
- In a bowl, combine the cantaloupe, honeydew melon, pepper, basil, lemon or lime juice, and sugar.
- Toss to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Toss before serving.
- If desired, pick out and discard the pepper strips before serving.
Very easy to prepare and the flavors are great! The basil is an especially nice touch. I used a jalapeno pepper and lime juice. Thanks for sharing!