1/1 Photo of Hot and Sweet Melon Salad
An Asian play of sweet melon and hot chile pepper makes an interesting addition to a cocktail buffet. Serving Suggestions: The dish also pairs nicely with grilled pork tenderloin or chicken breast. Prep Time includes refrigeration. Nutritional Facts per serving: Calories 20.4, Fat 0.1G, Cholestrol 0MG, Sodium 8.3 MG, Carbs 5.1G, Dietary Fiber 0.5 G, Protein 0.4G From Prevention.Com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces cantaloupe balls
- 6 ounces honeydew balls
- 1 small serrano peppers (wear plastic gloves when handling) or 1 small jalapeno pepper, cut into strips (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, slivered
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute or 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1In a bowl, combine the cantaloupe, honeydew melon, pepper, basil, lemon or lime juice, and sugar.
- 2Toss to mix.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Toss before serving.
- 5If desired, pick out and discard the pepper strips before serving.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sweet Melon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g