Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw a recipe in the Joy of Cooking for sautéing broccoli in olive oil with garlic and red pepper flakes. I modified it to make this into a pasta dinner. It was a hit when I served it.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, and stems
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits, cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups pasta, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- While the water to cook your pasta is heating up do all of the chopping etc.
- Chop broccoli into small florets and peel and chop the smaller pieces of stem.
- Mince the garlic.
- Crush the red pepper flakes with a mortar and pestle.
- Break the bacon into small pieces.
- When the pasta goes in (or 10 minutes before it is done do the following: Steam the broccoli until it is partially cooked. Set it aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan. Once it is hot add the garlic and pepper flakes. Cook it for 2-5 minutes on medium heat until the flavours infuse the olive oil.
- Add the bacon pieces and broccoli to the pan. Stir until the broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Drain the cooked pasta and toss it with the broccoli mixture and place it on the serving dish(s).
- Add cracked black pepper and Parmesan.