Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
These sounded so great that we tried them for lunch for just a few of us, and the concensus was "really very good."
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 3 tablespoons crispy cooked bacon (no substitutes, please!)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until crisp outside and cooked through.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cool 5 minutes.
- Cut off top third of potatoes.
- Scoop out potato from bottoms into a bowl, leaving 1/4" thick shell.
- Scoop potato from tops and add to same bowl.
- Discard tops.
- Mash potato with half of sour cream, half the horseradish and butter.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste.
- Spoon into potato shells, dividing equally.
- Mix remaining sour cream and horseradish in a bowl.
- Stir in dill, and top with crsipy bacon.(Potatoes and sour cream topping can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place potatoes in baking pan and bake about 50 minutes if chilled, 20 minutes if not, or until heated through and golden brown.
- Spoon sour cream topping on each.