Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a cheap alternative to buying horse cookies and my horse loves them! Not for human consumption.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 300°F and grease cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, and molasses. Add to dry to ingredients. Mix in hot water and mix thoroughly.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet and bake 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave the oven door shut until they cool (this makes them crunchy).
my horses are eating them up. Thanks for the recipe!