Recipe by alligirl
These cashews balance the salty and sweet, keeping you coming back for more. In other words, they’re good bar nuts—the perfect accompaniment to your next cocktail. *The cashews will last 1 week stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Taken from CHOW.com
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these last evening & am hoping that we can stay away from them long enough for company to enjoy this coming Saturday evening! Of course, my usual taste-test indicates that these marvelous munchies are just that, marvelous! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 4 1⁄2 cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, toss cashews with vegetable oil until well coated; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, water, and honey in a small saucepan, place over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle over cashews and stir to coat.
- Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Bake until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes, for a total of about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt over nuts and stir to coat.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet, and break up any large pieces before serving.