Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These cashews balance the salty and sweet, keeping you coming back for more. In other words, they’re good bar nuts—the perfect accompaniment to your next cocktail. *The cashews will last 1 week stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Taken from CHOW.com
- 4 1⁄2 cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, toss cashews with vegetable oil until well coated; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, water, and honey in a small saucepan, place over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle over cashews and stir to coat.
- Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Bake until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes, for a total of about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt over nuts and stir to coat.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet, and break up any large pieces before serving.
Made these last evening & am hoping that we can stay away from them long enough for company to enjoy this coming Saturday evening! Of course, my usual taste-test indicates that these marvelous munchies are just that, marvelous! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These were simple and tasty. After reading the other reviews, I toasted the nuts separately for a few minutes, and then finished them up on the stove top. It worked pretty well. Nice salty honey flavor. Thanks alligirl for sharing. Made for Football Pool - week 4. Congrats again on your win!!
These were tasty. Very simple to make too. I did have problems with the carmelized sauce and had to take it out of the oven after 10 minutes so that it didn't burn. I'll probably roast the cashews before coating them in the sauce when I make these in the future. Roasting the cashews on the stove might also work. Thanks!