Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad will be a beautiful and elegant addition to your dinner party! The recipe is from The Fresh Market holiday catalog.
- 2 cups water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine water and juice of one lemon. Thinly slice the apples, pears, and fennel and place the slices in the lemon-water immediately to prevent browning.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Drain the sliced fruits. Stack the sliced fruits, layering bleu cheese and arugula between the pieces. (Each stack should be about 3 layers high.).
- Garnish with arugula leaves. Drizzle vinaigrette over top. Salt and pepper to taste.