Prep2 hrs 30 mins
These rolls are similar to the refined plain white version found in restaraunts. While warm they are delicious with honey butter and wonderful for sandwiches the next day.
- Place ingredients except for the melted butter in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle; press start.
- When dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into rolls by pinching and pulling the dough into balls, with smooth side facing up.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets; cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush rolls with melted butter. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Alternative: These can be stored after shaping in the refrigerator until ready for rise.
- Simply remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature, which is usually all the additional rising time they need.
- They should be approximately double the size after shaping.
- Bake as usual.