Recipe by RagDoll90
Foolproof and easy, this is a DELICIOUS recipe for honey wheat bread. Great with just butter and to make a sandwich!
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (115-120 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast (or 1 package)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, for kneading (additional, as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add the honey and molasses and stir until they are dissolved.
- Sprinkle in the yeast and stir. Let this mixture rest until the yeast comes to the top of the mixture and foams, about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and the oil and stir, making sure that all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add half of the flour and beat as a batter for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the second half of the flour in increments. When the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, it is ready to knead.
- Place the dough ball on a surface sprinkled with the AP flour. Rub a little flour on your hands and knead the dough for 10 minutes, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. Form dough into a ball.
- Lightly oil a large bowl and place dough ball in bowl, coating with oil.
- Cover with a slightly damp cloth and allow dough to rise for one hour in a warm place.
- Punch down dough and flatten out on working surface. Roll up dough on shorter side and pinch sides and fold under.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and put dough, seam side down in pan.
- Cover dough with cloth and allow to rise in a warm place for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 350 degree, pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on cooling rack.