Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A quick glaze that's nice added to roast chicken during the last 30-45 minutes of cooking. This makes enough for a large chicken.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Start roasting chicken as per your normal preferred method, don't glaze the chicken at the start because the skin will burn.
- Brush the glaze over the chicken when there is 30-45 minutes cooking time remaining. I normally do it with 45 minutes for a fairly dark crispy skin but you may prefer 30 for a lighter colour.
This made a tasty and easy glaze for boneless skinless chicken thighs. I think it is meant for a whole chicken but we don't cook chicken that way. Made for Aus swap.