Herb Roasted Chicken With Apples and Onion
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- one 3 1/2 to 4 pound frying chicken
- one large sweet onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 4 apples, cored and cut into sixths
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse chicken and dry inside and out with paper towels. Place in a large roasting pan. Season with half of the herbs and spices.
- Peel and cut onion into eighths. Place in bowl with the olive oil, water and the remainder of the herbs and spices. Mix well. Arrange around the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Core and cut apples into sixths. Remove chicken and onion from oven and add apples.
- Return to oven and bake for another 45 minutes or until chicken is browned and meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 180 degrees.
- Serve with baked yams or potatoes and a tossed salad.
- Serves 4.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner