Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is easy to put together and my kids eat it and ask for more. The secret here is to keep it simple.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup of pre-sliced carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a preheated, non-stick pan over medium heat get the olive oil hot.
- Add the broccoli and carrots - saute for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute another 2 minutes.
- add the water - this steams the broccoli a bit and adds some nice color.
- After a few more minutes, the broccoli and carrots should still be crisp, but slightly tender.
- Turn heat off and add the honey - mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Loved this recipe, thanks Joel. My husband, 2yr old son, and I had tons of it today. We all have a hard time with broccoli but not this time! :)
Prepared this dish to go with a German Goulash recipe I had prepared. It was a great "taste" experience - very easy to prepare (I used frozen broccoli instead of fresh) - and a great compliment to the main dish.
I made this recipe one evening b/c I had extra broccoli and carrots.....I'm so happy I made it! My husband and I loved it!!! We like garlic so we did use 2-3 cloves. Have made it 3 times already!