Recipe by Bayhill
A delicious honey-pecan topping glazes thick slices of French toast.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Oh yum, this was delicious! The buttery honey syrup with chopped nuts was so delicious hat I might use it for all my pancake, waffles and French toast recipes. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Bayhill. Made for your Week 7 win in the Football pool.
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup pancake mix
- 6 slices thick bread (like Texas toast)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
Honey Pecan Topping
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat well with a wire whisk.
- Add pancake mix, beating until smooth. Pour mixture into a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Place bread slices in egg mixture turning slices to coat evenly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 Tablespoon butter. Add 3 slices of bread; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining butter and bread slices.
- Serve immediately with the Honey Pecan Topping.
- Honey Pecan Topping:.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and honey, stirring until smooth.
- Add nuts, and stir well.