Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
New Zealand is famous for it's lamb and this is a great example. This was originally found at nzlamb.com which is the site for the New Zealan Lamb Cooperative. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 4 new zealand lamb loin chops
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat heavy based frying pan and brown the chops on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, water, mustard, parsley and lemon thyme.
- Pour mixture over the chops.
- Cover with lid or foil and simmer gently about 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove chops and keep warm.
- Skim liquid fat from surface and mix the remaining liquid, honey, arrowroot, and water.
- Cook until thickened and spoon over chops.