Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another transfer from epicurious for safe-keeping. Sounds delicious, and how can you go wrong with scallops and peaches? The salsa is also apparently quite tasty with mangoes....
- 1 3⁄4 cups peeled peaches, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seeded jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 16 large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Mix peaches, red bell pepper, green onions, 2 tablespoons lime juice, chopped cilantro, jalapeño, 1 teaspoon ginger, and garlic in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper (this is the salsa, so you can make ahead and chill in the fridge).
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and remaining ginger in medium bowl to blend.
- Add scallops and stir to coat. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, turning occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (I used my Foreman grill here, too!). Combine honey and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in another small bowl. Thread 4 scallops on each of 4 wooden skewers, dampened first to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill scallops until just opaque in centers, brushing occasionally with honey glaze, about 2 minutes per side.
- Spoon salsa into center of platter. Remove scallops from skewers and arrange atop salsa. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and serve.