Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 591.47-709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 package fast rising yeast
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml water
- 73.94 ml honey
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh garlic
- 88.74 ml chopped roasted red peppers, drained
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Heat water, 4 T honey and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F); stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in garlic and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Roll each to 4 x 5-inch oval.
- Sprinkle 2 large baking sheets with cornmeal.
- Place dough pieces on sheets.
- Sprinkle each piece with 1 tablespoon roasted pepper and 1/4 teaspoon rosemary.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 °F for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Warm remaining 1 tablespoon honey; drizzle on top of focaccias.
- Remove from sheets; cool on wire rack.
- Bread Machine Variation 1 (all-size machines): Measure 2-2/3 cups flour, yeast, salt, water, 1/4 cup honey, oil and garlic into bread machine pan as suggested by manufacturer.
- Process on dough/manual cycle.
- When complete, remove dough to floured surface; knead in additional flour if necessary to make dough easy to handle.
- Roll out dough and proceed as directed.