Recipe by Chippie1
Been making these for years always receiving rave reviews from family and friends. There is quite a bit of garlic in the recipe, but after being sauteed the flavor soaks into the meatballs and sauce.
Top Review by Krista Roes
I changed it up a little but really enjoyed it. I lessened the ketchup and upped the soy sauce and used quite a bit of butter. I put it all in the food processor as I was worried about garlic chunks. We had it that evening at a party and it was good. The leftovers the next night were outstanding.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 cloves garlic (sliced thin)
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix meat, bread crumbs, milk, onion, eggs,& salt.
- Shape into 1 balls.
- (the smaller, the better).
- Place balls in a single layer on glass baking dish.
- Bake for 12 15 minutes and drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté garlic until tender.
- Add ketchup, honey,& soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce and return to a boil& simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until sauce glazes meatballs.
- These freeze exceptionally well for future party appetizers.
- Just defrost and place in crockpot on low for 4 hours.