Recipe by 911spatcher
I got this recipe off of bakespace.com
Top Review by Jason S.
This is a pretty tasty recipe for pork sirloin roast. It requires a little more seaconing than the recipe indicates. I always use kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and garlic powder on the roast itself along with the sage lemon juice mixture. With the additional seasoning it makes a good roast. This recipe works REALLY WELL on Costco/ swift premium racks of pork. Season the rack with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, a bit of garlic powder, and the sage lemon juice mixture. Cook according to directions on package. Pull out and baste with honey. and check temperature with meat thermometer to about 168. Let rest and whala. Tender, juicy, just the done side of pink. Absolutley wonderful. The only bad part is Costco only sells the racks of pork between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Tip...buy two or three racks, put in the freezer and dine on this delicious recipe whenever the mood strikes during the year.
- 1 (2 -3 lb) pork sirloin roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, minced or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together oil, lemon juice, garlic, sage and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub roast with oil mixture and then place in a foil lined shallow roasting pan.
- Roast pork 30-45 minutes
- Brush honey on over top and sides of pork.
- Roast 20-30 minutes more or until done (internal temp 155 degrees F).
- Great served with roasted potato wedges. Toss with olive oil salt and pepper and alongside pork 40-45 min or until nicely browned.