Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I cannot remember where I got this recipe but it's good. You must appreceiate the flavor of honey to enjoy this. Otherwise, you will think it is just sweetened chicken. This is not my recipe and I can't remember where I got this from. I believe it was from chefs.com
- 2 1⁄4 lbs chicken, cut up
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Coat chicken pieces with honey.
- Combine baking mix and next 4 ingredients in a dish. Dredge chicken in mixture.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick pan over medium high heat. Carefully place chicken in hot oil, in batches if necessary. Cook about 5 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 15-20 minutes more, or until juices run clear. After browning, chicken may be placed on a baking sheet and baked in a temperature 350°F oven 25-35 minutes, or until juices run clear.
PetiteChef, This is a marvelous recipe. The only change I had made to it was to use olive oil.