Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
great for kids, it tastes more like a dessert than a main meal.
- 1 whole frying chicken, cut up
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow baking pan (enough to hold chicken).
- Arrange the chicken parts in the baking pan, and season with salt and pepper (if desired, you could brown the chicken parts in hot oil, before arranging them in a dish).
- Combine ketchup and honey; pour over the chicken parts, turning to coat well.
- Place the lemon slices over the chicken.
- Bake chicken uncovered for approximately.
- 1 hour. Turn chicken pieces halfway through baking.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, increase heat to 350 degrees, and arrange the drained peach halves around the chicken.
- Note: if you are browning the chicken pieces before baking, cooking time must be reduced by 15-20 minutes.