1/1 Photo of Honey-Butter Roasted Beets
Beets and honey are just two of nature's purest candies. Combine and roast them, and you have a delicious treat. These beets are sliced and drizzled with a mixture of melted butter, honey, vanilla and just a touch of salt. This smelled so heavenly while roasting that we could hardly wait to dig in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Slice green tops from beets (and reserve for another use if desired). Carefully peel rough outside layer from beets. Slice beets to 1/4-inch thickness (note that some larger beets may require slicing into quarters). Then arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet with raised sides.
- 3In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt honey and butter together (microwave for 30-40 seconds until smooth). Whisk in the salt and vanilla.
- 4Drizzle honey-butter mixture over beet slices and toss with hands or a rubber spatula until thoroughly coated. Then rearrange into a single layer.
- 5Roast for 20 minutes, remove from oven, toss with a rubber spatula, redistribute in the pan and return to toast another 10-15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Butter Roasted Beets
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 371.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste