Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Beets and honey are just two of nature's purest candies. Combine and roast them, and you have a delicious treat. These beets are sliced and drizzled with a mixture of melted butter, honey, vanilla and just a touch of salt. This smelled so heavenly while roasting that we could hardly wait to dig in.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice green tops from beets (and reserve for another use if desired). Carefully peel rough outside layer from beets. Slice beets to 1/4-inch thickness (note that some larger beets may require slicing into quarters). Then arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet with raised sides.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt honey and butter together (microwave for 30-40 seconds until smooth). Whisk in the salt and vanilla.
- Drizzle honey-butter mixture over beet slices and toss with hands or a rubber spatula until thoroughly coated. Then rearrange into a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes, remove from oven, toss with a rubber spatula, redistribute in the pan and return to toast another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.