Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A very filling sandwich.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 hero sandwich buns (6 to 7 inch) or 6 hoagie rolls (6 to 7 inch)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except rolls and cheese.
- To make 1 sandwich, in small microwavable bowl, microwave 2/3 cup meatball mixture, loosely covered on High about 1 minute or until hot.
- Fill roll with meatball mixture; sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Sandwich filling can be refrigerated in a covered bowl up to 3 days.