A simple sounding dessert found in the Dec/Jan 1999 issue of TOH. Submitted by Chere Bell
Make and share this Honey Baked Apples recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan bring water, sugar, and honey to a boil, and remove from heat.
- Core apples and peel the top 1/3 of the skin off each one.
- Place apples in an ungreased baking dish and fill the empty holes (where the cores were) with the raisins.
- Sprinkle any remaining raisins around the apples.
- Pour the prepared sugar syrup over the apples.
- Bake at 350°F uncovered until tender, about 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.