- 5 lbs pears
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 8 inches cinnamon sticks, broken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel, core, and halve pears.
- In 4-6 qt. kettle combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Add pears. Cook, turning often, until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pack hot pears into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch head-space.
- Cover with hot syrup, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Adjust lids. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes for pints.