Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use as appetizers or addition to a brunch. I copied part of this recipe from a caterer but then added and deleted some ingredients so now it is mine refined. You can made ahead and then reheat. Easy and kids love to make this recipe since it requires kitchen scissors.
- Unwrap the bacon.
- Cut the entire sliced slab in half with kitchen scissors. Each slice is about 6 inches in length.
- Cut each end about 1 to 1-1/2 inches to the middle.
- Take the strips on each end and tie in a knot with the strips on the other end. If you have 15 long strips of bacon you will have 30 bacon knots to each pound. Two pounds would be 60 bacon knots.
- Place bacon knots on a baking sheet with raised sides.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In small microwave proof bowl, pour honey, lemon juice, cover, microwave until hot, 30 seconds, then stir with spoon, microwave another 30 seconds.
- Pour over bacon twists.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Turn with fork every five minutes.
- Place on paper towels. Pat with towels.
Delicious! I tried these this weekend & everyone loved them. Making them again on Superbowl Sunday!