Recipe by Zurie
Quite a way-out little recipe! Can be used either as cake frosting, or on muffins, scones or crumpets. Delicious!! The servings given are guesswork, as it depends on so many factors: is it a frosting, or are you using it on English muffins? Or scones? Hard question, that.
- 1 cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup macadamias, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the honey in microwave or on stove until warm, and keep warm enough to be runny.
- With electric beater beat the egg whites until foamy, add the cream of tartar, and whisk until really firm, and peaks will stay up if you take out beaters to test.
- Now pour the runny honey in slowly while beating all the time (honey in left hand, Priscilla!), add vanilla, and beat until thick.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Use immediately or soon after!