1/2 Photos of Honey Almond Date Balls
A yummy Middle Eastern recipe from Good Deal with Dave Lieberman! A great healthy snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grind the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Move chopped almonds to a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until fragrant and just a shade darker.
- 3Coarsely chop dates and add to food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and dates form a ball. Remove from processor to a bowl.
- 4Add half of the ground almonds to the dates, leaving the reserved almonds on the baking pan to roll the balls in once formed.
- 5Add the honey to the date and almond mixture. Mix together until evenly mixed and smooth.
- 6Coat your hands with some vegetable oil so mixture does not stick too much.
- 7Form mixture into 1-1/2" balls. Roll each ball in ground almonds to coat well. Place in a sealed container until ready to eat.
- 8Any leftover chopped nuts for coating can be sprinkled over the balls to keep them from sticking together when moving.
- 9Will keep for up to 5 days at room temperature or up to a week in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Almond Date Balls
Serving Size: 1 (901 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g