Prep 4 hrs
Cook 3 mins
Posted on a request. Its really very simple to make!
- Heat milk till its finger dipping hot.
- In a glass or ceramic bowl smear the 1 tblsp of prepared yogurt and pour milk over it.
- Stir just once, cover and leave in a warm place to set.
- Takes about 4 hours to set.
- *Remember not to shift the bowl around or shake it, or else the yogurt will not set.
- When set, refrigerate.
- Eat it either plain or with fruits of your choice (pureed or diced).
- I like my cupful with a tsp of sugar.
Hi Honeybeee, Well this was our first attempt and the yogurt was a bit runny. This will not be our last attempt. I just read Velvetinenut's review and I think we will follow suit! Otherwise the taste was very good and worth making again. Thank you for posting.
I heated the milk until a bit of steam started coming out and poured it into a yoghurt smeared glass bowl (I used two tablespoons) which I then placed into a pre-heated oven. The oven was turned off. I had to very carefully move the yoghurt bowl a couple of times out of the oven because I had to use it but I didn't jar or shake the bowl. It was in the warm oven for about 3 hours and on my kitchen counter for about 8 hours at 26C degrees. It was much thicker after being stored in the fridge for 11 hours. Make sure the yoghurt you use has "live culture" or it won't work.