Recipe by GIBride
This is the healthiest, cheapest, and best way to make yogurt without the preservatives and unhealthy sugars frequently used in store-bought brands. It is great as a snack and can be used with any variety of veggies or fruits. There are tons of ways to prepare it!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large cooking pot pour in the milk. Set it on medium high and watch it carefully so that the milk won't boil over the pot and spill out. It only needs to boil until it starts to bubble up quickly.
- When the milk bubbles high turn off the burner of promptly remove it from the burner.
- Let it cool for about 30 minutes or until it is close to room temperature
- Using an old mayonnaise jar, or a glass jar that holds about 36 oz, drop in the tablespoons of yogurt.
- Add the cooled boiled milk from the pot into the jar. Tightly close the lid.
- Wrap the jar with two tea towels and place it in the oven. Turn on the oven light and keep it on until the yogurt is thick.
- Leave it in the oven over night or for about at least 8 hours to give it time for the active yeast to thicken it.
- When it is thickened, place it in the refrigerator. It will keep for a week, but no longer.