1 hr 14 mins
1 hr 10 mins
pro home chef's Note:
adopted from chocolatechiptrips.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flours and mound the mixture on a clean counter.
- 2Combine the eggs, water, salt, and oil.
- 3Make a large well in the center of the mound and slowly pour in the egg mixture a little bit at a time. Mix the flour with the wet ingredients until all of the wet ingredients are absorbed. Do not force the dough to use all the flour, just take as much as needed to incorporate all the wet ingredients.
- 4Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes. (or combine in a food processor with 10 turns).
- 5Cover the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 6Divide the dough into four equal pieces. On a well-floured surface, roll out each piece into a thin sheet, one at a time. The dough should be about 1/8 inch thick, thin enough to detect the outline of your hand.
- 7Cut the dough into strips of desired thickness.
- 8Let the strips dry on a pasta dryer (or a homemade pasta dryer!) for at least 2 hours.
- 9Note: Fresh pasta takes much less time to cook. Check the pasta as soon as 4 minutes of boiling.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 276.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g