Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
adopted from chocolatechiptrips.blogspot.com
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the flours and mound the mixture on a clean counter.
- Combine the eggs, water, salt, and oil.
- Make a large well in the center of the mound and slowly pour in the egg mixture a little bit at a time. Mix the flour with the wet ingredients until all of the wet ingredients are absorbed. Do not force the dough to use all the flour, just take as much as needed to incorporate all the wet ingredients.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes. (or combine in a food processor with 10 turns).
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces. On a well-floured surface, roll out each piece into a thin sheet, one at a time. The dough should be about 1/8 inch thick, thin enough to detect the outline of your hand.
- Cut the dough into strips of desired thickness.
- Let the strips dry on a pasta dryer (or a homemade pasta dryer!) for at least 2 hours.
- Note: Fresh pasta takes much less time to cook. Check the pasta as soon as 4 minutes of boiling.