Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I think croutons make or break a salad. I also like to serve croutons in soup, or use them to dress up casseroles. Here's an easy recipe. Use your favorite cookie cutter and cut them in shapes.
- dense white bread
- whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic salt
- Brush bread with melted butter and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Cut out shapes, or cut into squares.
- Toast or broil in oven until they are light brown and crisp.